Tuesday, August 20, 2013

IT'S SIMPLE

"Live simply so you can simply live."

That's it. I am stepping my foot down and delcaring for myself this new motto. A selfishly revised version of Mahatma Gandhi's "Live simply so that others may simply live." With so many distractions in life, it's hard to stay focused, hard to see what is important and what makes you truly happy. It's time to narrow things down and surround myself with only things that deserve my love. And to start, I will be narrowing my closet down to my favorite things, ridding myself of the "distractions" so I can see more clearly all the things I love and shower it with more love.

My closet seems to be a reflection of my life. It's always been full of pretty things, but I tend to let the new shiny things cover up my favorite pieces. The problem with me is that I want it all. Everything is like a buffet to me. I just love fashion too much, just like how I love food too much to be picky about it. I am indecisive. I would rather attain it all first and decide what I really want later. (I guess I have a procrastination problem too.) I want a taste of it all. Can't I just attack life buffet style?

This will be Project Simplify. It has been on the back of my mind for quite some time now. My boyfriend can attest to that. If only he got a quarter for every time I said, "I need to declutter and clean out my closet," and just sat my butt down in front of the TV. I think now that I put a title on it, bolded it, and published it on my blog, it is real. Fear of embarassment will keep me from procrastinating any further. The time is now and I invite you to do it with me. Let's make it like Nike and let's "Just Do It!"

I know, the picture has nothing to do with it. It's just a cool pic that seemed to match the quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment